THIS GUIDE IS JUST FOR THE USA VARIANT OF THE ZTE AXON 7 ( A2017U )
DO NOT ATTEMPT THIS ON ANY OTHER AXON 7 DEVICE - YOU'VE BEEN WARNED -
THE METHOD / GUIDE WE ARE GOING TO BE USING IS THE SAFEST WAY TO UNLOCK BOOTLOADER
Hi A7 user,
Here i have a way (more than one way) to unlock your bootloader and have more freedom to do more with your device, This methods are not for the "faint of heart user".
my advice is READ, READ, READ till you understand how to do it.
THIS METHOD PRESENTED HERE,
WILL WIPE YOUR DATA / INTERNAL STORAGE
IF YOU CONTINUE YOUR WARRANTY WILL BE VOID
YOU'VE BEEN WARNED
UNOFFICIAL UNLOCK METHOD
* QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS METHOD, PLEASE MENTION MY NAME ( @DrakenFX ), I'LL RESPOND PROMPTLY *
* Files Needed
- ADBFastbootTWRP_PC-Package.rar ( Uncompressed this file , will going to use this later during this process )
* Optional Files
- SuperSU-v2.79-201612051815.zip ( Click Here to download )
* Under DEVELOPER OPTIONS ( IMPORTANT STEPS)
- Enable OEM Unlocking ( Needed even if you are lock bootloader )
- Enable USB Debbuging
After Moving all Files to their respective locations and enabling necessary options , let's proceed with the Steps / Fun
1. Boot to Recovery ( Manual or ADB )
1.1 Once in Recovery you can navigate the menu by using Volume up or Down.
2. Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset and Press Power
3. Select apply update from sdcard and Press Power
NOTE : REBOOT back to Recovery after every install.
3.1 Select A2017UV1.0.0B29_MoveToSDCard.zip and Apply ( SKIP THIS STEP IF YOU ARE IN B29 )
3.2 Select A2017UV1.0.0B20_MoveToSDCard.zip and Apply
3.3 Select A2017UB20Fastboot_ssl_MoveToSDCard.zip and Apply
4. Select reboot bootloader and Press Power
5. On your PC / Laptop navigate to the location where you Uncompressed the rar file ( adb,fastboot & twrp files)
5.1 Open a Command prompt ( Hold shift & right click on mouse - select " open command windows here " )
6. Type : fastboot oem unlock
6.1 Follow the instruction to unlock bootloader, the device will reboot and perform a factory reset then boot back to system.
Now you have Unlock Bootloader, Congratulations.... Will be Updating this Thread with further information and how to get back to B15 Nougat using Modded B15 ( Nougat ) zip file or LineageOS.
TO BE CONTINUE......