8 Replies Latest reply on Jun 14, 2017 7:33 AM by bayougrizz

In call alert settings

lllgurulll

I have on real gripe about this phone and its the in all alert.  When I'm talking on the phone and any sort of text message or alert comes in, it makes a tone that sounds like my face just touched one of the numbers on my dial pad.  Is there any way to change this to make a different sound?  Its very annoying to me and I would like to change it to something else.

EDIT

one other thing.  The default texting app doesn't seem to have a way to assign individual tones for texts.  I have to install a separate app that does that.  I really prefer to stick to the built in text app but this forces me to use other apps.

• Re: In call alert settings
          samsamha

If you want to have a different ringtone for incoming text, you can change that in the setting. Go to ringtones, there you have message ton where you can assign different sound for text and notification.

As for the in call setting. I am not too sure what you meant. When I am in a call and there is an incoming text, phone just vibrates and no sound.

lllgurulll

I know about how to change notifications and ringtones.  Thats not the issue.  My issue is with incoming notifications while I'm in a call.  I can't find anything that would allow me to change the sound I hear for that.  My phone vibrates and makes a tone as if I pressed a button on my dial pad.

EDIT

I just found this in the community pages

https://community.zteusa.com/thread/12184

I wonder if this is what is happening is the screen wakes up when a notification comes in and my face is causing the beep to happen.  If so, that needs to be fixed.  When the phone is in use the screen should not come on unless I pull it away from my face.  Its the little things that ZTE seems to ignore.  Kind of like the fact you can't assign your own ringtones unless you want them to play back when listening to your music.  It shuffles all sound files into Google Play Music no matter where you put them in the phone.  that includes putting them in the ringtones folder.

samsamha

i think I see what you meant where the phone will beep then vibrates when you got an incoming message in a call.

I use google messenger and not the default messenger so I only hear the phone vibrates.

I will double check to see if there is a way to disable it. In the meantime, i would suggest use third party messaging app. I like Google Message because it's simple and has a bit prettier UI.

BTW, are you using Axon 7 or Axon 7 mini?

saml01

Bump.

Can someone on the ZTE team provide a confirmation that this issue has been identified and will be fixed in the next update?

thank you

hollap

lllgurulll, as thephantom mentions,  it's been reported and a fix is comming:

thephantom (to saml01) 7 minutes ago

Already reported -- ZTE is aware of it and will likely fix in the next update:

B25 Random DTMF tones in call?

other reports here:

In call alert settings

1 of 1 people found this helpful