83 Replies Latest reply on Jun 5, 2017 9:33 PM by doneonly

This company failed!

bobajet

In trying to do something that another major competitor is known for lacking at, this company has failed and maybe even proven why competitors take their time at updating operating systems. This phone was fine when I bought it around 8 months ago. But the update to nougat and every subsequent update thereafter has irrevocably broken something major with this phone. The first nougat update broke my camera focusing  ability in picture and video form. Fine. But really?!? Fine, camera wasn't that good to start and I don't really use it that often. The next update honestly didn't break anything but it didn't fix the camera issue. And the last update. Well that was the straw. I no longer have quick charge 3.0.  My phone gets exceedingly hot while charging. And just today my phone won't charge past 85%. Needless to say that I will never buy a phone from this or any other Chinese manufacturer honestly. And now I understand the price point. There will always be  compromises. And you tell me to send it in, fine, but I don't have a backup phone, so that's a no go until I finally get the note 8 and be rid of this $400 waste. Really, I honestly would rather a company drag their feet at updating a phone then destroy it by incompetently rushing out updates.

• Re: This company failed!
          jimlloyd40

Why doesn't everyone have the problems you mentioned? Have you tried any of the normal remedies, such as wiping the cache partition in recovery and clear the main storage cache in the storage settings and then reboot? Have you done a factory reset?

4 of 4 people found this helpful
            jasone

I've not seen any issues like this with mine and I also wonder if you've tried wiping the cache from recovery or performing an FDR.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              lekeiser

Like Jim and Jasone, I have none of the issues you've mentioned. I have the latest update installed, and this phone still rocks! It's still on top of all the phones out there, even the new ones like the S8. Great great audio, still a great screen, blazingly fast, ... What more do you want?

2 of 2 people found this helpful
                adrb

It looks like you may have a defective device.

dnewman007

I have to agree with the rest of the folks here. I'm not have any of the issues listed. If were me I would try a Factory Reset and if that did not fix the issue I would contact ZTE for help and or a replacement. I just had to do a Factory Reset on my wife's Note 5 to fix a couple of issues. This is common practice with most Android phones. Sometimes things get mixed up inside and they have to be reset. Heck, I even have to reset other devices like my Direct TV receiver once in awhile to fix them.

dr.m

More expensive phones do not necessarily equate to trouble free -- as the problems Samsung had with the $850 Note 7 fire breathing batteries illustrate. 

And there is a reason that Android updates don't stop with version n.0 -- because all updates for virtually all phones and all makes encounter some issues due to upgrading.

doppelgangerd

I don't have the issues that the OP has with my Axon 7, but he also never even mentioned which model phone he is having the issues with,
                      but based on the mentions about multiple Nougat updates and costing $400, I am assuming it's the A7.

Things like this can happen randomly to pretty much any phone, no matter who makes it or how much it costs.

If it was purchased new from an authorized dealer, then you should also have the Passport warranty protection and be able to
                      get a replacement model pretty quickly.

Even before all that, I would follow the advice others have given about clearing caches and possibly FDRing the device.

razor512

This is the first time I have seen anyone report an issue with an update causing their camera to no longer focus. The closest to a camera/ lens issue that has to do with any moving parts that have been reported, is a user having an issue with the OIS function having an issue where it will rapidly move the lens side to side (not sure if it was an issue with the actuator, or if it was a sensor issue, since OIS uses sensor data to determine camera shake, and then compensate for it.

While it is annoying to do, sometimes if there are too many uncommon issues, it is best to do a factory reset, and if you can, also set it up as a new device.

One common issue where someone may experience an issue after a factory reset, is they will restore a backup that may reinstall an app  that was responsible for some of their issues.

jimlloyd40

bobajet Haven't seen a response from you yet. After you try these suggestions please let us know how it goes.

ashishv

Software issues in ZTE: Fk this and all other chinese companies.

Note 7 explodes: No problem, I'll buy Note 8. Keep up the good work.

Nice logic

jazzi

Dude the sarcasm is not really necessary.  The original poster is upset and frustrated and is venting.   Nobody likes device malfunctions and while some may choose to remain silent, others may opt to huff and puff a bit.  It's their right.

It is evident that the problem is software related since the issues occur following updates.  As others have suggested, possible remedies up to a factory reset should be attempted if necessary. That should sort out most software issues.   A bit of research on installed 3rd party apps should be done as well to determine whether they have been known to cause similar issues on other devices.

On a side note,  what's the deal with Android on mobile devices anyway?   Android is a Linux distro at its core so it should be solid.  Are the countless device issues I constantly read about the result of inferior hardware used in some mobile devices and poorly written apps?   I use Slackware and Linux Mint on my laptops and I hardly have problems which do not result through my constant tinkering .

jimlloyd40

jazzi To respond to your question about "what's the deal with Android on mobile devices" it's simple. The OEMs add their skin (UI) on top of stock Android thus creating bugs. Of course if they didn't add their UI to Android every Android phone would operate the same and the only difference would be the hardware.

jimlloyd40

Happy trolling ashishv . " Note 7 explodes : No problem I'll buy Note 8" . No Chinese OEM has had their phones spontaneously combust that I'm aware of. You can keep your laggy TouchWiz infected Samsung phone that comes preloaded with so many apps that can't be uninstalled or disabled. I don't think that the Note 7 caught on fire because of the battery. I think they self destructed from bloatware.

jazzi

I am aware Jim.  Most Linux distributions (distros) implement a layer over the kernel to make it usable. Moreover many of the popular modern distros (eg Mint & Ubuntu) are repackaged implementations of an original (Debian). Hence even more layers and customisations.

My point was it appears that Android based mobile  (handheld) devices seem to be afflicted with more issues than devices such as laptops running other distros.

As I indicated in my initial post,  the issue may be due to quality of apps and/or  hardware.  Having considered the matter further,  I think I'm able to make a bit more sense out of it.  It may also be a case of numbers.  Handhelds in use far outnumber other forms of operating system based devices. They are normally used in less controlled environments and often under conditions that are downright inhospitable.  In addition, an increasing number of features are being packed in a comparatively smaller package.

I reckon therefore that there is more scope for failure and that their issues will receive increased publicity.

smh032395

Same man I've had no issues and ZTE has been pretty good with their updates they have a customer for life if the axon gets Android O I'm good on updates for this phone haha but I haven't experienced any issues you've had try the methods others have suggested and if you bought the phone through an authorized dealer let ZTE know and they'll fix your device

maulgandhi

I have not seen such issues, it may be Hardware issues, you should contact ZTE right away. Before you do, have you tried FDR, that should take care of all the issues you may have.

bobajet

Okay. Thanks to everyone except jazzi for the snarky comments. I knew the butthurt would be strong in this one. 1. I'm not an amateur, I factory reset it after the camera  broke the first time to no avail. I did it again after the SEVERE overheating issues to some avail. Camera was working, maybe something to do with the second update but still BLAZINGLY hot while charging, and now just in general use (unplugged of course guys come on), still won't charge past 85%. 2. Get out of your axon praising bubble guys a quick reddit search will show that I am NOT the only person dealing with issues after the updates, so much so that it was mentioned on a site like android Central or authority (can't remember which exactly) tempering people from buying it after the new low priced deals on this phone. 3. As for the device being defective, not likely, was perfect before updates, and lastly I'm responding on a moto g that I'm borrowing from my sister  because I've since sent the phone in for repairs. Postscript.... My note 7 was fine. That whole thing was blown way out of proportion considering the numbers sold and number of incidents, some of which were highly questionable. I'm not saying they didn't f up. But they fixed the problem. Got my money back.  S8 seems to be fine barring minor hue issues, so yes, I'm buying a note 8. I enjoyed the note 7 while I had it (my first Samsung device) and felt the s-pen was very innovative. Thx for all your help kiddos!!   

asianpianoman

I'm not as mortally outraged as the OP, but to be fair, I am having the camera focusing issue. Was almost unable to record my recital a few weeks ago. Basically, I'll open a camera app (Camera, Snapchat, Facebook Messenger) and the lens will refuse to focus, going back and forth rapidly so it creates an audible buzzing sound and the picture is blurry of course.

frodriguez2010

All phones have their quirks.  All have their ups and downs with android versions.  Hardware.  even the higher tier ones with batteries exploding.  All have issues.  Thing is to adapt and truly find what works for you. 

I come from a consumer's point of view that was dissatisfied with a manufacturer that appeared not to care about their customers and only cared about creating the next phone to have the next version of Android with it buggy as heck to boot. 

These guys do care and try to accommodate users issues and find resolutions.  Of course there are those consumers that are stuck to negativity and ask for impossibilities at the time.  Although, it is an opportunity, it is one that is slated and studied for a resolution at a time further down the road and not necessarily at an instant.   But there are efforts.  we as consumers must give the chance.  

2 of 2 people found this helpful
                                                  gentlemuser

I always seem to appreciate posts from f-rod!!! Nice....  

John Orion

ZTE has made very bad moves showing that no .. they don't care about the customers .. they care about MiFavor. They have made very bad choices and very bad timed choices too. Those choices ... even if they weren't intentional (but they seem quite intentional due to timing) .. have proven they have no intention on listening to their customers but just doing what they want and who cares how much they lose in the process. Here is just a small list of bad moves and bad timings:

MM was out .. people were vary vocal about the broken MiFavor and how normal useful features of stock Android were stripped out of the ROM. People made it quite clear that if they were going to stick with the garbage they call MiFavor .. to at least leave the standard features in Android. Nougat came out and they ignored all those people. Standard useful Android features were still stripped out of the ROM.

MM was out ... they offered bootloader unlocking for a week .. then took it away promising it would be available again ... most assumed it was because of Nougat and it would be available again after Nougat was released .... Two updates with Nougat and they still haven't brought the option back and now stripped out the bootloader so it seems that they never had any intention of making unlocking available again. 

They started giving help to custom ROM makers .... but all of a sudden they cut all ties .... custom ROM makers couldn't get the sound to work and was getting no help anymore... so if you wanted good sound you were stuck staying on the stock ROM.

Custom ROM makers finally got the sound working on their own ... ZTE releases a patch that removes the bootloader making it harder for people to switch from the garbage ZTE ROM to a fully functional custom ROM that finally allows the phone to work properly and to its fullest potential.

Now we can only imagine what their next move will be ... Its harder to change to a custom ROM now ...but if I were still on stock ZTE .. I would seriously think about switching now before they make it even harder or impossible to change in their next update.

So yes ZTE has failed. They have failed in their attitude and actions ... great hardware ... but very poor decisions and very poor customer relations. Because of how ZTE has handled themselves, I will never buy another ZTE product even if their hardware was top of the line and the best on the market.  I used to be a fanboy but now I can no longer trust a thing that ZTE says... it has been proven repeatedly that they will say one thing and do the complete opposite. That is a MAJOR FAIL in my book.

jimlloyd40

Unfortunately a lot of truth in your statement. I jumped off the ZTE is listening bandwagon a long time ago. They seem to do a few things, option for no lockscreen is back, but ignore the others. The bottom microphone not working is a huge one. The A7 has been out for 10 months and that problem has not been resolved. Right now there are a lot of things that I like but unfortunately a lot that I don't.

John Orion

yeah .. I guess they fixed a few thing as you said... none of the things I was having issues with though. The DnD is still a absolute joke ... taking like 6 or 7 taps just to turn it on ... then ... once turned on ... it wont turn off .. you turn it off and 5 minutes later its back on again ... that was a big thing for me ... I like my AICP now ... it's a fully functional ROM .. with a small add on (that gives you Dolby and viper giving you even more control over the sound) the sound is actually better now than what the stock ZTE has to offer and everything works... at least everything that I use works.... not actually sure if wifi calling works yet on the ROM but I don't use that anyway.

So yeah .. now I love the phone itself .. its great with an OS that actually functions properly. I just have this bad taste in my mouth when it comes to ZTE themselves. It's not a phone I would ever recommend to anyone unless I was sure that they were very technologically inclined because I would have to recommend that if they were to purchase it .. they would immediately have to put on a custom ROM to unlock the potential of the phone because of how handicapped and broken it is with the stock software. 

jimlloyd40

I understand completely. Not familiar with that ROM but it sure sounds good. Were you on Lineage at any time and if yes how do they compare?

John Orion

AICP is based on LineageOS... basically its LineageOS with a bunch more customization. So this is Lineage that some other devs took and modified to add more features. ... I haven't gone to stock LineageOS for quite some time .. once I found AICP .. I fell in love with it and have been sticking with it since.... Not sure if it would be taken well if I posted a link here but if you do a search for AICP rom downoad on google to find  the download page and then on the left click on the Axon 7 .. you will find the latest weekly .. they do weekly OTA updates. .. You should be able to do a dirty flash over stock LineageOS without issues but do a back up just to be safe .. and if you have issues .. you may have to do a clean install just to get it working ... once done you should be ok for future updates. AICP also uses Magisk and is rooted without needing to do anything so all you have to do is flash the ROM then Gapps and you are set. If you decide to try this .. you can try to get a hold of me and I will direct you to the add ons for the sound so you can get Dolby and Viper installed and functioning .. and like I say .. with the two apps .. I can get sound as good if not better than what ZTE stock allowed. You will probably have a good chance of getting a hold of me here Join this Google Hangouts conversation or if not me .. there are others there that would also be able to help you get the proper files and help you set it up.

stevec5375

I paid $541 for the Premium version of the Axon 7 back in mid December 2016.  I won't go through the list but I think the software on this phone is TERRIBLE.  I'm still having BT issues.  I have avoided customizing this phone for fear that it will just make things worse.

johnorion, do you think that those who man this forum are communicating with development?  Because it just could be that development isn't getting much of what we're saying forwarded to them.  Who knows!  

I have to use this phone for my part-time online job and I am always on pins & needles hoping it won't crap out on me.

I do know one thing.  THIS IS MY LAST ZTE PHONE.

jimlloyd40

I don't doubt that the moderators etc are informing ZTE at all. They are just like us. Smartphone enthusiasts. Unfortunately they don't have the power to control the changes.

John Orion

Yeah ... I think that maybe a lot of what is talked about here doesn't get relayed .. some of maybe the major issues might have .. but I think most of it just gets ignored .. I do know a few  mods here have said that they are relaying the information ... so .. I guess we have to believe that some information does get to them .. but as you say .. Who knows?

hollap

johnorion and stevec5375, go to any forum for any mobile phone and there will be users like yourselves that for one reason or another can't make the device do what they need it to do. Your points are all completely valid, I myself have a few issues with the A7 I don't like. One great thing about ZTE is they give you an option in the forum here to voice your opinion.  I guarantee you 100% every issue is tracked and reported to ZTE by the mods, and in some cases even by the ambassadors ourselves directly. Sometimes we are just not privy to the reasons ZTE makes the decisions they do, or why they choose not to implement seemingly simple user requests. But we also don't know what ZTE is planning long term. And that's what it's all about for them, long term sustainability.  They make their decisions based on what they feel is best for the company even though we as consumers might not like it. They also make their decisions based on what is best for their largest consumer base, which of course is China. For some reason China likes the overlays that phone makers add to Android.

So while I understand your frustration and pain in using your devices, I for one do enjoy the updates and changes that have been made from Nougat on. I know they are listening, whether they choose to act on what the US consumer wants is what we need to determine. Thanks for all your input as always and let us know what phones you decide to move to in the future.  Thanks!

3 of 3 people found this helpful
                                                                            jimlloyd40

hollap I agree about the problems being reported and said so in this thread yesterday. Two of the reasons that people get the impression that either ZTE doesn't care or the problems aren't being reported are : The bootloader being unlocked. It was for very short time then removed and we were told it was coming back and it didn't. The bottom microphone not working. This has been reported numerous times including by me and due to the fact that it hasn't been fixed people get the impression that it's not being reported or ZTE doesn't care or ZTE is incompetent. Those are just two examples.

In the early days of the A7 I was firmly in the camp of ZTE is listening and saw evidence of that with a few decisions like removing the notification bell. But it has been some time since several of the bigger problems have either been addressed or actually fixed which puts me on the fence about it. There's several others also like the metadata missing for many on their car stereo and the Widevine certification.

hollap

jimlloyd40, companies make mistakes.  I agree with you on the bootloader unlock, that was flat out a mistake they did not handle well. They promosed an option to unlock the bootloader and they didn't commit. That's on them. Then they try to do the right thing by reaching out to devs to assist, but only temporarily.  That whole situation left a sour taste in people's mouths for sure.

The bottom microphone not working I thought was fixed back in a version of MM update?  I read the forums pretty thoroughly. Are there people still experiencing this issue? B29 MM I believe is when a fix was released.

Bluetooth Metadata is an issue on many devices.  I can't figure this one out.  Multiple manufacturer devices have the same issues being reported by the community members here. I'm not saying this is a auto OEM issue or a ZTE issue or an Android issue (which I'm leaning towards) but there are just too many issues from too many devices in too many cars to pin it down to one manufacturer. Mine fortunately continues to work for whatever reason.

Widevine  support, the way I understand it, must be certified by Google and gets baked in to hardware somewhere, though we have never been able to prove that.  If you don't certify it from day 1, there is no way to "add" it later.  This is just my theory anyway.

Any way, I admitted there are things that ZTE has AND has not come through on, some of which is in their control and some which isn't. Also note for what it's worth Google does have say in what OEMs can and can't do with software, but that's all I can say about that.

I continue to look forward to future releases and software updates where maybe some of this is addressed along with a few other things like Quick Tile support and some other features.

jimlloyd40

hollap A large percentage of people who had the bottom microphone not working problem have moved on to other phones. It was always debatable as to whether it was a software or hardware problem. I've seen a few other people very recently report the problem. I was always in the software camp as to why it happened. Now that it's happening to me on my Lineage A7 I'm leaning towards a hardware problem. It's sporadic. I always turn my phone off overnight and I now don't know when mine will work properly. I don't know if it's going to be a problem until I make a call. (I always use speakerphone by the way and it's both the bottom microphone and speaker that don't work). When the person tells me that they can't hear me I simply speak into the top microphone. I believe it was ram1220 that reported it just yesterday.

ram1220

I just started having the bottom mic not working two days ago. I reported it here in the forums. I am on the latest update and I wish I had never "upgraded" my phone to it. I am also having BT problems where the data will not show on my car stereo. It did on past OS versions. I have gone from liking my A7 to absolutely hating it in 1 week. I am now looking to buy another brand of phone. I'm just not sure which one. I was an early adopter of the A7 and had a couple of them last summer that had poor reception issues. I decided to try another one about 2 months ago. It's really too bad the latest update has ruined the A7 experience for me. My buddy has already gotten rid of his after having it for only a month. I am getting ready to sell mine too. No more ZTE for me. Anyway after all of my ranting I wanted to say that the bottom mic issue is not fixed in the latest version on Nougat.

John Orion

hollap I sort of understand ..but ... you say "US consumer" ... sorry .. This is a "US phone"... with a different ROM than the China phone.... China likes overlays and horrible  broken and stripped down software ... fine .. give it to them on the A2017 ... The company keeps saying its listening .. well.... then listen and give the A2017U ... US ROM what the US people want.

Sorry I know you are trying to smooth things over but what you are saying is not really relevant. The company took the time to make a different ROM for the US market. It could have used the same ROM on all the Axon 7's but it chose to make different version for China, US and Europe.. and its not just the radios that are different between the models... they have changed the software between the models too. Samsung doesn't have different ROMS ... it has region locked devices ... same ROM just different places the phone will work. If you need the US version to work in a different area with a local sim .. you can remove the region lock and it will work.  ZTE on the other hand decided to make different software for each region. So .. again .. that software can be and is changed depending on which "version" of the phone you buy. This has nothing to do with China liking broken handicapped phones. They  could have given the US consumer what it was very verbal about getting but instead chose to ignore it.

Its not much to ask to not have the phone's standard Android features removed. The worse part is ... they had to make an effort to screw up the phone ... they had to have taken time to remove features even though it was made explicitly clear that a lot of us found it important to have these features. This is what is making me and a lot of people angry and not liking how ZTE has handled themselves.

Hopefully this will help you understand why a lot of us will never buy another ZTE product... its not that the product is bad ... just the company themselves have proven that they are untrustworthy. As I said before ... I love the phone .. especially now that I have a ROM that allows the phone to actually work properly and to its fullest potential but I will never buy another ZTE product or recommend it to anyone because of the company's misinformation bordering on lies. This is a normal reaction for any human who has been taken advantage of ... If you go around saying one thing and then doing something completely different, contradicting what you originally said ... eventually people will stop trusting you. This is what ZTE has done and a lot of consumers that have been effected by this ... no longer trust them.

hollap

Don't worry johnorion I already understand.  I myself made the jump to Lineage when their first version of Nougat came out, in protest of how bad the software was. They fixed it enough for me to make the switch back starting with 7.1, and for me, it's a solid build now. I see small incremental changes and improvements with every update.  I'll give them credit for that, they have updated this device much more than some manufacturers do. I'm not ready to give up on them much like many people didn't give up on OnePlus.  It took until the Oneplus 3 for Oneplus to really "get" how to do things. I hope ZTE can continue to improve and make things better.

jimlloyd40

I certainly agree about the standard Android functions and features being taken away. ZTE went out of the way to strip those things for I have no idea what reason. That took effort that was wasted. When they took away the option to not have a lockscreen I bought a different phone. That's actually when I bought the Alcatel Idol 4S. So I guess that I do have ZTE to thank for that. Where is the sarcasm emoji?

ram1220

I really like the looks of that Alcatel Idol 4S. That might be the phone I end up getting. I may have asked you this before. But does it have a message indicator light? That is a necessity for me. Amazon has the VR version for just $6 more right now. Nice!

jimlloyd40

ram1220 Yes the Idol 4S has an LED notification light. I can't remember which thread it was but I just posted the specs for the Idol 5S that will be out in a month or so on another thread. I mentioned you so if you have that option to be notified when someone mentions you, you will get a notification that I mentioned you and you'll see that post.

jimlloyd40

In response to the OP 's post. The problems have nothing to do with ZTE being a Chinese manufacturer. It has everything to do with software programming. The Axon 7 is as fine of specimen of hardware as exists. It's the UI (MiFavor). ZTE has historically sold phones that are very close to stock Android and to try and differentiate the A7 they used a UI that wasn't ready for market. It was a gamble to do so and it cost sales when the reviewers had problems with MiFavor and the low light photos.

OnePlus is a Chinese manufacturer and is praised for their UI (Oxygen).

thecarpenter

Dude.....really.....?

If you can afford a note8, you can afford any back-up to the axon, you want.  Why then did you go for the axon to begin with if you can buy a $1,000 phone....?

Just me talking

thecarpenter

Btw....

Have you looked at the "shot on axon" thread?

You just been trumped, dude!

saeedted

I've seen those battery issues before, they were reported by people who installed battery saving app ie DU. Somehow the "battery saving features" would still be on the phone even if the app was uninstalled. Have you installed any such app?

As is commonly said a factory reset can remedy most things after an update.

shadowsports

While we are on the subject of the A7...  lets not forget that nougat was announced for the mini in March.  We are sliding into June now... Like others have already said and as I did in my Amazon review of the mini...  its a great little device packed with great hardware / features for the price ...  but what ultimately defines a device these days is the OS and the support it continues to receive both in the short and longer term.  

mkasthuri1967

i agree with John. Root the phone and run either AICP or RR and you will be fine.

Not having any issues. Especially if you download the Arise sound mod , you will get the better sound than stock even on a jet audio plus app.

Download a better camera or the moto camera and you have a great camera.

only the battery acts up at times and you land up getting a max of 4 hours SOT. If you probably install a dark theme substratum you should get more on that as well.

When company like ZTE doesnt listen, we must depend on ourselves to save our investment. some effort required to make sure the hardware runs as prescribed with suitable software. if you run with a custom kernel like radioactive, you probably get more. i would suggest people to join google + for aicp or RR and see the action there and take a call themselves.

For 350 dollars we cant complain too much can we,

frodriguez2010

Yep Android Oreo will be out here to the general public in about 3 months for general first use. 

Alpha and betas have been out. 

scott_m

Why is a cell phone beholden to a completely different criteria than every other consumer electronic device?

Company makes a device, advertises device, consumer decides to buy device or not.  Device succeeds or falters, company adjusts appropriately (or not).

With cell phones the consumer demands changes to suit their own needs and wants. If the company does not surrender to those demands, they "have failed".  There are Lemon Laws for cars for a reason. Sometimes you get a clunker. Hardware issues exist for some, not all. Sucks, but true. A clunker making it off the assembly line doesn't mean a company has failed. It means they need to maybe improve Q.C. - if not, then they might fail.

Bluetooth sob stories are very sad, with device compatibility and certification a 2-way street. Doesn't mean a company has failed.

As noted by many, there are options. DIfferent apps, ROM's, factory resets, device swap, sell it outright.

I suppose there is something cathartic about coming here, stomping your feet and getting it all out.  Maybe thank ZTE for giving us a place for that? (trying to see the bright side?)

onemat

My Axon 7 works perfectly. Your phone should be under warrantee unless it has been modified.   I would contact ZTE. Putting a statement out that says "This Company Failed" means you have failed in getting help. Slamming the company doesn't help.   Once your phone is replaced or fixed please change the title of this thread to "I thought the company failed but it was me"

km57

I think it's a great phone. I have a USA version, which has more LTE bands that the other versions. Works in Europe and Africa as well. Excellent hardware. I use Nova and it's seems close to stock. Screen is beautiful. Battery lasts all day easily. I have the little app indicators that they say is a big deal on OREO. phone was one of the first in the world to update to nougat. Now on 7.1.1 stock. Camera is quite good. I do wish the little buttons at the bottom were backlit, but that's about my only complaint. My only suggestion is to wipe cache after each update.

jimlloyd40

We're all giving suggestions to someone who hasn't been back to his thread since the day that he started it 2 weeks ago.

dr.m

For more money (a lot more) one can get the first issue of an Essential phone by the creator of Android.

Then you can whine (in some other blog) about how it isn't perfect either -- except you won't have a two-year warranty.

Essential Products | My Phone is Essential