6 Replies Latest reply on Jun 14, 2017 1:24 AM by yomamasofat

RMA Axon 7 USA

theboozer

If anyone intends to RMA his/her Axon 7 for repair under the warranty, my experience may be of some benefit. I emailed the text below to mobile@zte.com.cn (chat client gave me this email) and also a copy to devicesupport@zteusa.com today. The events are self explanatory. So before you ship your phone, check if the Repair Center has the "parts" (apparently what they mean by parts is "replacement phones"). As you can see from my email, I am sitting without a phone and neither I nor ZTE have any idea when, or for that matter if, I will ever get it back. I will report any progress when it happens.

Email Text:

"I purchased my Axon 7 64GB Ion Gold approximately 5 months ago in the USA. On May 17, 2017, the phone will not power up. So the next day, May 18, 2017 I obtained from ZTE USA an RMA and shipped the phone to the Repair Center. The Repair Center received the phone on May 24, 2017. The RMA stipulated that the phone will be repaired and shipped back to me within 10 days from the day ZTE receives it (Please see copies of the RMA and Status documents attached). Two weeks passed and I received nothing from ZTE and whenever I check the RMA Status, it is stuck on “Received” and “Estimated Shipping: 3.5 Days”. So on June 6, 2017, I contacted ZTE and chatted with James. The excuse he gave me was that the Repair Center is waiting for parts for the Gold Axon 7, but they do not know when the parts will arrive. He offered to send me immediately a Quartz Gray one until the Gold arrives, I agreed. Two days later, I heard nothing from ZTE and when I checked the Status, it had not changed, no shipping information or notification. So I contacted ZTE again and chatted with Justin. He told me that they do not have any parts and cannot ship me any phone. He could not answer why James said he is shipping the Quartz two days ago and told me again that he has no idea when the parts will arrive. So I telephoned ZTE Customer Service and talked to a supervisor. He repeated the same story and had no idea when I will get my phone back.

I love the Axon 7, it is great phone. As a matter of fact, I gave up my iPhone 7 Plus and switched to ZTE. But the experience I am suffering from is absolutely astounding and has left a very bitter taste in my mouth. I trusted you and depended on you when you promised in writing that you will complete the repair and return the phone in 10 days. But here I am stuck without a phone and your USA people cannot give me a date and have no information or a clue as to when to expect my Axon 7 back. This is totally unacceptable! I expect ZTE to act immediately to resolve this situation as any respectable company would do."

• Re: RMA Axon 7 USA
          sshasan

Adding zte_usa

zte_usa

Hello, theboozer  We greatly apologize for the delayed response as well as the delay in parts for our Axon 7 devices. We’ve received an influx of claims and we are working diligently to fulfill each and every order. We’ve confirmed that our back ordered shipment will arrive this week, and we will proceed with finalizing and processing all claims. Thank you for your continued patience with us as we work to resolve this inconvenience as quickly as possible. If you have additional questions or concerns, please follow us first then message us directly for assistance.

1 of 2 people found this helpful
                  muntherkubba

Thank for your message. As you can see, this is a very serious matter not only for me, but to many other Axon 7 owners. I am keeping my fingers crossed that I will hear positive news from you by the end of this week.

gearmesh

I was told on June 11th to wait until Friday June 16th and then "call back" to see if a replacement is available then, otherwise there is no date/eta on when the next shipment of parts or phones will arrive. No eta at all.

muntherkubba

In my phone follow up with them yesterday, I was told the same. Let's keep our fingers crossed!

yomamasofat

I've called them twice last week and demanded an answer, they have received my phone over a month ago, but they only say that there's no ETA. One of the rep even offer to replace my phone with the Axon 7 Mini? WTH was she smoking? I spent a total of $490 on this damn phone and she dare offer me a $200 phone which she also added that it would be permanent....This company is terrible, I will not be spending a dime on any of their product ever again.