13 Replies Latest reply on Jun 14, 2017 2:33 PM by onemat

Axon 8

emudojo

just wondering when are we going to hear something more precise about it? I love my AXON 7 and I'm more than willing to give the 8 an opportunity

my personal wishlist

- Keep Stereo Speakers

- IP67 at least

- Dual Camera, stabilized f1.8

- 3.500 battery

- 64GB Minimum

- Dual SIM

- QuadHD/Amoled *a little brighter this time around*

- Snapdragon 835

same screen size as before but less bezels,

• Re: Axon 8
          stevec5375

Gluttons for punishment purchase the Axon 8.

muntherkubba

Seriously?!!! They can't service the Axon and you want to be stuck with another one. Read our experiences with their customer service, NIGHTMARES!

emudojo

I did had to deal with them a few months ago when I killed my phone, they sent me a replacement and wanted to charge me for it, at the end after an apology it all went smooth, now the product itself has been fantastic for me, and at least back then the support was prompt (although their RMA software sucks balls)

poohbiwon

I've had no problems with ZTE customer support. I did an advance exchange of my Axon 7 back in February. They were quick and accommodating. I'm excited to see what zte had in store for the Axon 8.

musicdjm

poohbiwon wrote:

I've had no problems with ZTE customer support. I did an advance exchange of my Axon 7 back in February. They were quick and accommodating. I'm excited to see what zte had in store for the Axon 8.

I love my Axon 7 and am very excited to see what ZTE has in store in the future. While I can understand some people may have had a bad experience that doesn't impact my positive experience. Everyone is entitled to there own choices and views, I personally prefer to make my own judgement rather on things I enjoy than have other peoples views pushed on me.

stevec5375

I think you must have misread my post.   "Gluttons for punishment" are people who can't seem to get enough problems in their life. 

yk11

I think that every single phone manufacturer has support issues.  The question is really to what extent.

The other important question is what percentage of phones suffer from issues, as those with issues are overwhelmingly those who post and complain.  After all, if you have no problems with the phone, why would you go to the forums and go through the effort of registering and posting?

There have been a couple of polls here showing that most ZTE phones do not have issues.  Some obviously do, and to various extents (from simple software bugs to serious hardware problems).

Some issues have been resolved by FDRs or other tweaks.  Some requires RMA.  Any time you need to spend effort to resolve a problem with a product you expected to just work it's frustrating and annoying.

I'm lucky to have purchased 2 Axon 7's and 4 Axon 7 Mini's without any issues.  I do sympathize with those that are not so lucky.  But to question why someone would look forward to an improved version of an otherwise fairly good (I won't say excellent) product is a bit unfair.

Personally, I would love to see the Axon 8 provide the following:

- Snapdragon 835

- Improved signal strength (I actually prefer plastic shells to metal ones)

- Improved camera performance in low light

- Improved software quality and stability

- Keep the price the same

Just my $0.02.

1 of 2 people found this helpful
                              muntherkubba

Your opinion is well taken however, it seems you have missed the point. It is understandable that all phones may have certain problems and as you said, some may be resolved via software or RMA repair. The point of this thread is the RMA turnaround problem with ZTE which is promised to be 10 days and now "we don't know", next week or infinity! As for the person who posted his/her great RMA experience with ZTE, his issue was in February, we are now in JUNE.

We are not trying to bash ZTE, all we want is to get our phones back in a reasonable time.    

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                          jimlloyd40

My response to your question about when we're going to hear something more precise about the Axon 8 is when are we going to hear anything about it period?  We actually haven't even heard if there will be an Axon 8. ZTE has been amazingly quiet about a successor to the A7.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                            onemat

I'd like to see a wide angle lens. I don't care about water proof.   Keep the speakers.